Friday, April 30, 2010

collaborative collage




On my walk on the mountain today, I finally got an idea for the interactive piece I want to create during my upcoming show. Remember the felt board from kinder garden? Well, this will be the same idea. I am going to put up a design wall and visitors to the show can create a fabric collage. I will have different shapes, colours and textures of fabric, including some photos printed on fabric. Visitors can stick them on the design wall and make their own design. If you don't like what is already up there, you can change it. There will be an incentive to make it beautiful; the finished piece could be yours! Whatever is up there at the end of the show at noon on May 11, I will sew together, quilt and bind. The names of all who participated will go into a magic sack and I will draw a name. This person will win the piece. I can't wait to see what you make.

Friends and family have told me that my name is not big enough on the poster I made for my upcoming show. So I made this:It will hang in the window. Lots of gold holographic thread and some crystals. Very satisfying. The shiny does not show up so well here. Drat!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thank you ever so much for the positive comment on my blog. Congratulations on mounting your first exhibition. My studio is located within a cooperative space with a rental gallery facility. This means that I am constantly exposed to a large variety of artwork produced by the rental artists. It is wonderful to experience painting, sculpture, functional ceramics, jewelry, and whatever else just happens to be in the gallery outside my studio door. I know that people just love such spaces and I'm sure your exhibition will be a great success. Your design board idea is fantastic. It will bring people who came on the earlier days back to the gallery to see the results on the last day. The idea of drawing a name for the piece's ownership is totally awesome. It gives everyone there a vested interest in the creation. I love your sign too. Good luck. Have fun! Again, congratulations!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your show. I love your name quilt.

    ReplyDelete